1. Review of the Crazy Cycle:
Crazy Cycle: Without Love > She Reacts > Without Respect > He Reacts > cont’d
2. Review of the Rewarded Cycle:
Rewarded Cycle: His Love > Produces her Respect > Her Respect > Produces His love
- His love motivates her respect and her respect motivates his love.
3. Introduce new concept of “unconditional” in the Rewarded Cycle:
His love…Regardless of her respect…Her respect…Regardless of…
*Question: What does the word “unconditional” mean to you?
a. Unconditional definition: Without conditions or limitations; absolute.
b. Have you ever been in a situation where you responded without respect/love?
- Remember…“My response is my responsibility.”
- Your spouse doesn’t cause you to be who you are, they reveal who you are.
c. Husbands are commanded to love their wives. Wives are commanded to respect their husbands. It’s not about your spouse, the command is for you!
Read: Ephesians 5:22-33
*Couples Question: In one sentence, how would you sum up these verses in regards to marriage?
d. The Rewarded Cycle deepens and demonstrates our love and reverence for Christ as we do this UNTO Christ.
- Our marriage is another opportunity to not only obey but glorify God. He uses it in our lives to sanctify us.
- Pink plus blue makes purple. Purple is the color of royalty = holiness.
- A godly marriage demonstrates Christ’s love.