- 1.5 pounds of chicken (boneless thighs are bomb) [chopped]
- 6 tablespoons [1/3 bottle] hoisin sauce (asian BBQ)
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce or whatever leafy lettuce you like
- 1/2 red bell pepper [minced]
- 4 scallions (green onions) [minced]
- 4-6 medium shiitake mushrooms [minced]
- 8 baby carrots or 1/2 large carrot [minced]
- 8 oz can of water chestnuts [minced]
- 1-2 inches ginger root [minced]
- 4 cloves garlic [you guessed it… minced]
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3-4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
add chicken to bowl/bag with soy sauce to marinade. heat canola oil on med/high. add chicken. cook till nearly done. stir in mushrooms. cook a min. add k salt and pepper. stir in ginger and garlic. cook a min. stir in carrots, water chestnuts, bell pepper, scallions, red pepper flakes. cook a min. stir in hoisin sauce. reduce heat to low and cover. all will be happy after about 5 minutes.
tear off lettuce pieces for “wrapping”. smaller, “nacho like” pieces work too. spoon in the good stuff. best served hot with brown rice on the side and a good glass of pinot noir or zin. eat. enjoy. worship our Creator.