As I ran at the trails this past Sunday morning, I noticed that a few leaves had already fallen off the trees. It made me smile…Fall is just around the corner people and I can not wait! I heart Fall. I do believe its my favorite time of year. The smells, the colors, the temperatures, the holidays, football, food, races…I love it all! The changing of the seasons always reminds me of how big God is – and how extremely creative He is. The ultimate artist, for sure!
We have a lot of stuff going on this upcoming season. Good stuff. The Dixon iCal is getting filled up! The next few months emotionally will be tough for my family – with Dad’s birthday coming up, my parent’s anniversary, the holidays without him, and running without him in races we’ve all done together in the past. Everything that is a “first without him” is tough. Definitely will be a hard season, as it has been a hard year. Incredibly grateful to have so many wonderful memories with him. And I am thankful we have some good stuff going on – and things to look forward to. Dad would want us to make the most of this beautiful season (he loved Fall too) and live life to the fullest – so I will try to do just that!
Some things coming up that I’m excited about are…
1. Going to Lubbock Labor Weekend to see old friends (leaving tomorrow actually – yay)
2. Joining a new downtown Women’s Bible study group
3. Attending a friends wedding in Dallas – a night away for me & Ryan!
4. Celebrating both of my brother’s, my sister’s, Ryan’s, and Kam’s birthdays
5. Running in 3 half marathons in 3 consecutive months & the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day
6. Ryan’s brother Ross coming to Texas and our camping trip to Beaver’s Bend
7. Trip to Boston & New Hampshire
8. Thanksgiving & Christmas
10. Several baby showers for dear friends