Thanks Paula Deen for another great recipe! We made this tonight for some friends coming over for dessert & we really enjoyed it. Super easy, no baking, quick to make, and a great summer treat! The only thing I did differently is that I used Nilla Wafers instead of Chessman cookies. If you like banana pudding, you’ll love this – guaranteed! I mean, anything with cream cheese & whipped cream can’t taste bad right?
Not Yo’ Mama’s Banana Pudding
- 2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies (I used 1 box of Nilla Wafers – quite a bit cheaper!)
- 6 to 8 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups milk
- 1 box instant French vanilla pudding
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream
Line the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.
In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer. Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth. Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended. Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies. Refrigerate until ready to serve.